Associate Product Manager – Devices, Partnerships, Cloud, IoT & EMM.
Full Time, Basingstoke office based, reporting to Group Product Manager.
Telecommunications, Internet of Things (IoT), SaaS, IaaS.
Approximately 4 years professional experience.
Multitone’s vision is to provide better critical messaging solutions. Our devices and apps enable doctors, nurses, fire crews, lifeboat volunteers, carers and colleagues to save lives and provide effective security.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic product manager to drive product growth and business performance through the development of strategic partnerships with suppliers of third-party devices, cloud computing, Internet of Things and Enterprise Mobility Management software.
Ideally you’ll be familiar with Telco products such as Mobile, LAN, WAN, SIP, Fixed, Unified Communications, IoT wireless technologies, DECT, BLE, RFID, Cloud, Data, Hosting and Security as they apply to healthcare, lone worker and industrial environments.
Is this you?
- You’re an experienced Product Manager.
- Your keen to build relationships and assert your agenda.
- You want to know more and share that knowledge to provide market-share advantage for your team.
- You’ve retired products and services and successfully launched others.
- You thrive driving and collaborating with a talented and diverse cross-functional team.
- You proactively contribute to a culture of integrity, respect and inclusion.
- You’re caring and love to listen, you empathise and seek to understand, you’re curious.
- You love tech, adopting early, using and integrating the latest developments, gadgets, apps and devices.
- You’re passionate about systems, remote controls and functionality to improve user outcomes.
- You are into wireless, such as 5G, LTE, DECT, BLE, SIP, WiFi, LoRa and ZigBee.
- You make things work together – perhaps its audio equipment, Bluetooth controls, alarm systems.
The role requires you to:
- work with sales subsidiaries/distributors to define, and thereafter to develop marketing strategies and plans which maximise the profitable growth of group business for current and new products.
- establish specifications and business plans for third-party products and services to meet current and future market needs.
- work with purchasing and vendors to ensure adequacy of supply and early notice of obsolescence, while not also having to commit to minimum order quantities.
- become a subject matter expert on the deployment and configuration of the third-party devices being sold by Multitone.
- conduct market surveys for future applications and propose solutions, using SWOT analysis, to meet those applications.
- develop product roadmaps and review them quarterly to ensure alignment of market requirements.
- be responsible for Product group financial achievement including turnover and margin.
- produce a monthly report to Management which includes lost orders and gap-to-budget analysis, together with recovery action plans agreed with sales.
- travel, for example, to visit customers, trade shows, suppliers and colleagues.
- complete any other reasonable tasks as required within the department.
The skills you'll need?
- You’re a team leader – even when the team doesn’t report to you.
- You’re an excellent listener, probing and enquiring.
- You’re a persuasive negotiator, justifying your business cases and solutions.
- You’re good with words, figures and images and a skilled user of MS Office and MS Project.
- You’re a lateral thinker, turning customer needs into delightful workable solutions.
- You’re analytical and can present an argument.
The qualifications you'll need?
- BSc Degree qualified in a relevant subject or equivalent demonstrable industry experience.
- Full Driving Licence.
25 days holiday and free parking facilities onsite.
Please apply by sending your CV to [email protected]