Home-based – Luton/M1 and surrounding areas.
Field Customer Service Engineer.
Ready to make your mark in 2023 with a brand that’s served the NHS and Blue light services for their critical communications for over 75 years?
This is a great opportunity to join a long-standing innovator with a great retention rate and fantastic customer base.
Running your own diary and being home based gives you the flexibility often missing from Field Service Roles. Join our team of hard-working Engineers working on critical communication systems within Healthcare today.
Who we are:
We provide customers with critical communications technologies. These include secure messaging and personal security solutions that combine professional services with tailored software, creating a truly cohesive communication platform. Our technologies are predominantly used by the NHS and the Emergency services.
We have a 75% market share of private and acute hospitals and work with 85% of Fire stations across the UK & NI.
The Field Customer Service Engineer Role:
The Customer Service Engineer will travel to our customers' businesses to perform equipment and system repairs.
Responsibilities include travelling to customers' locations, remotely accessing equipment, and performing routine maintenance as well as installing and testing our solutions and providing customers with instructions on the proper usage of the product.
The Customer Service Engineer would be responsible for assisting in the design of new systems, organising and carrying out survey works and associated reports and any other pre or post sales support as required.
The Engineering Team is a small geographically spread-out team so being able to work alone is a must but our Engineers also work together to help one another on tasks.
- An HNC or higher in IT or Telecoms. Specific courses on VOIP, networking or other telecoms.
- Strong background in IT Networking, Server 2012/2016/2019 Telecoms PABX, Linux e.g. Ubuntu LTS. Understanding of Protocols e.g. RS232 or API’s, Remote Desktop, Firewalls.
- You’ll have excellent technical and interpersonal skills, and be able to converse well with customers and other engineers.
- You’ll be able to solve problems and think through alternative solutions.
- You should have experience with basic hand, power, and diagnostic tools, and you should be physically fit to lift test equipment.
- You’ll be self motivated, with the ability to work within a team to influence and motivate goals and objectives.
- You’ll be calm and effective under pressure who is able to manage time and priorities.
- You will have a keen interest in technology or applications and how technology can make a difference.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to produce high level reports for works undertaken is essential.
- Competitive remuneration package plus benefits, company vehicle, phone and laptop.
Fill out the form below to apply.