Multitone’s vision is to provide better critical messaging solutions. Our devices and apps enable doctors, nurses, fire crews, lifeboat volunteers, carers and colleagues to save lives and provide effective security.
We’re looking for a talented product manager to drive product growth and business performance.
Ideally, you’ll be familiar with Telco products such as Mobile, LAN, WAN, SIP, Fixed, Unified Communications, IoT wireless technologies, Cloud, Data, Hosting and Security as they apply to healthcare, lone worker and industrial environments.
Is This You?
- You’re an experienced Product Manager.
- You’ve retired products and services and successfully launched others.
- You thrive driving and collaborating with a talented and diverse cross-functional team.
- You proactively contribute to a culture of integrity, respect and inclusion.
- You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
- You love to listen, you empathise and seek to understand, you’re curious.
- You love tech, following and using the latest developments, gadgets, apps and devices
- You’re passionate about UX and intuitive design and functionality to improve user outcomes
- You are confident in agile and in waterfall development environments
- You make things – perhaps its DIY, electronics projects, music, cookery or something else.
The role requires you to:
- To become thoroughly familiar with designated business areas to enable the following to be quantified: –
- the ability of Multitone products to meet current and future market requirements
- the nature and scope of competitive and technological threats and opportunities
- the market potential for existing and new products and services
- the capability of marketing resources to address that potential
- To work with sales subsidiaries/distributors to define and thereafter to develop marketing strategies and plans which maximise the profitable growth of group business for current and new products.
- Establish requirement specifications and business plans for wireless products and services to meet current and future market needs.
- Conduct market surveys for future applications and propose solutions, using SWOT analysis, to meet those applications.
- Create and produce annual and longer term (3 years) product business plans which outline turnover, margin, application and market area. Complete this in conjunction with the relevant sales managers for submission to management for approval.
- Develop product roadmaps and review them monthly to ensure alignment of market requirements.
- Be responsible for Product group financial achievement including turnover and margin.
- Monitor monthly budget sales versus actual sales and propose corrective actions to reduce any negative variance.
- Conduct monthly update meetings with relevant sales areas to ensure on budget performance. Document proposed action plans and campaigns.
- At least once a month conduct a meeting with the Project Manager and/or Development team to ensure development plans are on schedule. Document the results of the meeting to obtain ownership to drive for consensus and solutions.
- Produce a monthly report to Management which includes lost orders and gap-to-budget analysis, together with recovery action plans agreed with sales.
- For new product programmes approved by the Board: –
- to act as the primary focal point within the Group for changes to Marketing requirements Specification and the associated Functional Specifications.
- to participate in programme ‘go/no go’ reviews, field trials and other acceptance tests to ensure that new products will meet future market needs
- to develop the launch plan in conjunction with Sales Subsidiaries.
- For all assigned products: –
- to advise sales subsidiaries through Product Information Bulletins of product features and benefits, competitive environment, suggested applications and recommended product positioning
- to provide, for publication by Marketing, concept, brief and /or draft copy for Data Sheets, System Brochures and User Guides; to define the requirements for Supervisor Guides for origination by sub-contracts or Product Support Group as appropriate; to agree with Product Support Group the need for Technical Manuals or other technical support material.
- Travel, for example, to visit customers, trade shows, suppliers and colleagues
- Any other reasonable tasks as required within the department.
Skills and Experience:
The Skills You’ll Need?
- You’re a team leader – even when the team doesn’t report to you
- You’re an excellent listener, probing and enquiring.
- You’re a persuasive negotiator, justifying your business cases and solutions
- You’re good with words, figures and images and a skilled user of MS Office and MS Project
- You’re a lateral thinker, turning customer needs into delightful workable solutions
- You’re analytical and can present an argument
The Qualifications You’ll Need?
- BSc Degree qualified in a relevant subject or equivalent demonstrable industry experience
- Full Driving License
- Salary: Competitive
- 25 days holiday
- Free parking on site
Fill out the form below to apply.