Multitone’s Definition of Sustainability
Multitone Electronics PLC is committed to sustainable development, manufacture, installation, and support by ensuring that our plans and strategies will meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs as a guiding principle within our work. Concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of this commitment. Our aim is to reduce the impact on the environment from our operations throughout the organisation whilst also ensuring we comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
This statement covers all aspects of operations within the Multitone Group of companies
Our objectives and targets will be amended, where necessary, in line with changes to our business, our products, services and as we achieve established levels of achievement and performance. Our aim is to continually improve. We will:
- Create and maintain an environmental management system, that targets those areas of the business that potentially have the most impact on the environment;
- Ensure the realisation process of new products or services incorporates environmental improvements from their outset;
- Ensure that the delivery of our products and service makes use of practicable environment friendly solutions;
- Ensure we use utilities efficiently and responsibly.
Implementation and Monitoring
- Promote responsibility for the environment and for managing the environmental management system within the organisation and communicate and implement this statement at all levels;
- Reduce the use of energy, water and other resources;
- Minimise waste by reduction, re-use and recycling methods;
- Ensure that our product and services are developed in a way that is complimentary to this statement;
- Identify and provide appropriate training, advice and information for staff and encourage them to develop new ideas and initiatives;
- Establish monitoring and measurement activities as part of the ISO14001 and ISO9001 Management Systems
- Provide appropriate resources to meet the commitments of this statement.
Responsibility and Reporting
The CEO and Directorate:
- Are responsible for setting and formulating this statement, establishing objectives and reviewing reports and the results of monitoring activities in support of this statement;
- Will ensure that all regulatory, legislative, and contractual requirements are satisfied.
The Management Team:
- Will ensure that all established processes in support of this statement are adhered to by their departments and provide reports and feedback where monitoring responsibility is established.
- Will ensure that they take responsibility for their awareness and compliance with this statement and contribute to ensure the success of Multitone Electronics PLC’s sustainability activities.
As part of the management systems for the environment, ISO14001, and quality, ISO9001, reporting of their performance to the organisation’s senior management is inherently established and responsibility for these activities is detailed within documented processes.